History

Downe Primary School is situated near the centre of Downe Village in High Elms Road. The original school building dates from 1906 with a large modern extension added in 1973.

In Summer 2004 a new modular classroom was added that further increased the classroom accommodation. We now have 4 classrooms with a dedicated space for the reception children, complete with outdoor learning space.  In addition we have a support room which is used for group work.

We also have a school hall, library, computer area and music room.